Antioquia – Andean region
Carolina del principe
2 days tour
1800 above sea level – landscapes, colorful village, trekking, fishing, horses, boating, art and culture
Get ready to live an experience full with meditation and native nature in Carolina del Príncipe, the town where the Colombian artist Juanes lived when he was a child. Stay in the only place available to sleep in kilometers surrounded by water and forest, it takes you 20 minutes to get there in a boat or horseback ride for more than 2 hours in the mountains. Get to know the house of the artist Anna Isaza de Fonnegra that is still intact in the middle of the mountain with its hand-painted walls and its newspaper library full of magazines from the beginning of the century, a true hidden gem of Antioquia’s history.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery in the 2.5 hour car ride from Medellín to Carolina
- Get a delicious lunch in the park and stroll around the town
- Visit a 200 year old house-museum and listen to all the stories of this place.
- Enjoy in the park and chill out before your meal
- Take your meal and visit some of the traditional cantinas, listen to the music and looking to the horse that walks around the main plaza
- Beging your trekking very early in the morning, breath the clean air and lear from the daily life of the dairy cattle
- Walk through the mountain, in an old bridle path. Discover many plants and thing that in the night, those forest that your are walking in, are the home of the great puma. Listen to the birds and take a look on the orchids besides the road
- Arrive to a shack and if you feel like go to swim in the lake.
- Visit the main house and notice how every room has been illustrated by hand by the artist disciple of Pedro Nel Gómez, Ana Fonnegra de Isaza
- Take a boat into the lake, and look how fascinating is the landscape surround by forest and water.
- Arrive to the port and take the road that will take you to Medellín again
- Private transportation 4×4 car
- Bilingual guide
- Visit Carolina colorfull town
- Visit old houses and listen to ghost stories
- Local guide
- Accomodation in a confortable hotel (we help the local senior home)
- 1 breakfast 2 traditional lunch 1 meal
- Trekking in the mountain
- Swim in the lake and visit farm surround by forest and water
- Boat trip
Drinks and alcohol
Prices 2 days
- Level of difficulty: 2/5
- This experience is good for: people who enjoy slow tourism, lovers of native nature, fishing and hiking. Ideal for those who like tranquility, meditation and loneliness. There is a very interesting art experience.
- Not suitable for: for people with reduced mobility, chronic diseases or fear of water due to difficult access to accommodation
- Clothing and equipment: warm clothing, sunscreen, plastic boots, rain gear, camera Language: Spanish (request bilingual guide)
- Start time: 7:00 a.m. End time: 7:00 p.m.
- Amount of time in car: 2.5 hours one way – 2.5 hours return hike: 5 hours
- Volunteer opportunity: no