Antioquia – Andean region
Sopetrán, Horizontes and Belmira páramo Trekking
2 days tour
2200 above the sea level – landscapes, community tourism, typical food, paramo ecosystem, mountain trekking.
Very few people have heard of this magical little town suspended in the mountains of western Antioquia. 110 colored houses, marked with the name of its inhabitants, who are very attentive attending the foreigners showing them the best of this place that is halfway between the tropical dry forest of Sopetrán and the páramo of Santa Ines in Belmira
- Enjoy the palmitas cable car that communicates different rural villages in the mountains.
- Relax your legs in Sopetrán, check that the blood sausage in this place is so famous
- Admire the landscapes on the road
- Eat a delicious leaf wrapped in one of the rural houses with the most beautiful view towards the Cauca river canyon
- Walk through the town of horizons, greeting its inhabitants
- Share a gathering with wine and a luxury meal with the inhabitants of La Sebastiana, one of the accommodations available for that night
- Wake up early if you want to trek to Santa Ines paramo in Belmira which is 20 min from Horizontes.
- Enjoy the incredible landscapes offered by the paramo ecosystem and discover where most of the water consumed in the city of Medellín comes from.
- If you decide to stay in Horizontes, enjoy time walking through its streets and meeting its people, have a coffee, listen to the stories of your hosts and then visit the town of Belmira, learn more about milk production and enjoy a homemade lunch in the Park.
- After lunch, get ready to meet again your friends, then take the road to San Pedro town and after try a delicious pandequeso, get to Medellín
- Private transportation 4×4 car
- Bilingual guide
- Visit sopetrán town
- Local guide
- Accomodation in a confortable local farm
- Tasting of local products
- 2 breakfast 2 traditional lunch 1 meal
- Trekking in the Páramo
- Drinks and alcohol
- Other expenses
Prices 2 days
PRICE USD (per pax)
5 A 8 from
9 A 12 from
- Level of difficulty: Day 1 (1) Day 2 (4 hiking optional)
- This experience is good for: people who like to share rural life, landscapes, traditional food, families with children, young people, students (on day 2 there is an activity for lovers of trekking and contemplation of ecosystems and plants) we can design something different in day 2 for you if you don´t have the conditions to do the trekking
- Suitable for: everybody. On day 2 there is an activity that requires good physical condition if you are not able to do it, please let us know to arrange something different for you
- Clothing and equipment: warm clothing, sunscreen, plastic boots, rain gear, camera Language: Spanish (request bilingual guide)
- Start time: 7:00 a.m. End time: 7:00 p.m. next day
- Amount of time in: car: 2.5 hours one way – 2.5 hours return hike: 5 hours
- Volunteer opportunity: no