Antioquia – Andean region
Carolina del principe
2 days tour
1800 above sea level – landscapes, colorful village, trekking, fishing, horses, boating, art and culture
Live an amphibious experience deep in the Antioquia mountains. Carolina del Príncipe is a multicolored town, surrounded by water and native forest. Few tourists travel to this place where “arrieros” traditions still exist and there is a well preserved architectural heritage. Its forests hide the great Puma concolor and species of orchids many of them still without being discovered for science. A trip for those who are not afraid to go further
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery in the 2.5 hour car ride from Medellín to Carolina
- Get a delicious lunch in the park and stroll around the town
- Visit a 200 year old house-museum and listen to all the stories of this place.
- Enjoy in the park and chill out before your meal
- Take your meal and visit some of the traditional cantinas, listen to the music and looking to the horses that walk around the main plaza
- Beging your trekking very early in the morning, breath the clean air and lear from the daily life of the dairy cattle
- Walk through the mountain, in an old bridle path, discover plants, observe birds and discover the orchids that you will find around the road
- Arrive to a shack and if you feel like, go to swim in the lake.
- Visit the main house and notice how every room has been illustrated by hand by the artist disciple of Pedro Nel Gómez, Ana Fonnegra de Isaza
- Take a boat into the lake, and look how fascinating is the landscape surround by forest and water.
- Arrive to the port and take the road that will take you to Medellín again
- Private transportation 4×4 car
- Bilingual guide
- Visit Carolina colorfull town
- Visit old houses and listen to ghost stories
- Local guide
- Accomodation in a confortable hotel (we help the local senior home)
- 1 breakfast 2 traditional lunch 1 meal
- Trekking in the mountain
- Swim in the lake and visit farm surround by forest and water
- Boat trip
Drinks and alcohol
Prices 2 days
- Level of difficulty: 2/5
- This experience is good for: people who enjoy slow tourism, lovers of native nature, fishing and hiking. Ideal for those who like tranquility, meditation and loneliness. There is a very interesting art experience.
- Not suitable for: for people with reduced mobility, chronic diseases or fear of water due to difficult access to accommodation
- Clothing and equipment: warm clothing, sunscreen, plastic boots, rain gear, camera Language: Spanish (request bilingual guide)
- Start time: 7:00 a.m. End time: 7:00 p.m.
- Amount of time in car: 2.5 hours one way – 2.5 hours return hike: 5 hours
- Volunteer opportunity: no