Antioquia – Andean region
Trekking and adventure in the middle Magdalena and Samaná river
3 day tour
Rivers, rail and farmers life with anfibio.co
This destination is a circuit that will take you from Caracoli town to trek the mountains of the middle Magdalena. Travel on the motor-rollers in the old railroad to get to know a natural reserve. Take a 3-hour trek to reach the Nus caves, where you will get one of the most impressive landscapes of the Samaná river canyon. Rest in a fisherman’s lodge on the river and travel knowing more than 7 waterfalls that fall from the mountains. A trip on horseback, by 4×4 car on foot and by rail where adventure hides in every place.
Place: Cicuito in Caracoli, Nus river and Samaná river
Number of days: 3 nights 3 days
Price: $ 600,000 COP
Dates: Friday, March 20 to 23 (holiday)
- In the afternoon, travel for 2.5 hours from the city of Medellín to Caracolí, tour the town take your dinner and rest in the hostel.
- In the morning, live an experience in a 4×4 transport through the off the beaten paths of Caracoli, have a breakfast in a local farmer home and descend the mountains in a 2-hour trekking until you reach the canyon of the Samaná river
- After lunch, a boat will take you through the waterfalls that descend from the mountain through the humid forest. On the way back you can descend the river enjoying the tranquility of the current as you float.
- Rest in the accommodation and enjoy a delicious dinner
- After breakfast prepare for a day full of adventure, a boat will take you to a point where you must climb 200 steps to reach the top of the canyon where you will have the most impressive view of the Samaná river
- Walk along a path of the old nus hydroelectric plant, nestled in a canyon surrounded by humid forest and with the most impressive views of the Samaná or Nare river.
- Explore the caves of the Nus, if you are not interested in caving, you can wait for the group enjoying the crystal clear waters and waterfalls of the nearby rivers
- After the tour in the caves, have a lunck packed in leaves as the traditional way
- start a walk that for 3 hours will take you between rivers, stones and mountains at the end of the tour, where a transport awaits you to take you back to Caracolí
- Rest in the town of Caracolí
- In the morning, walk to the old railway to explore the San Pedro Reserve, an example of conservation project in Magdalena Medio
- After lunch, you will return to the city of Medellín
- Accommodation day 1 and day 3 in Caracolí in multiple accommodation with shared bathroom
- Accommodation day 2 in a refuge for fishermen on the Samaná river in multiple accommodation with shared bathroom
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 1 dinner
- Snack and hydration
- Land transport 4×4 car
- Transportation by boat on the Samaná river with a local guide
- Accompaniment all the time by local bilingual guide
- Transport Medellín – Caracolí (it is possible to manage it depending on the group)
- Some dinners
- Other expenses not stipulated
- Backpack for walks
- Plastic bags to store electronic equipment
- Easy drying clothes
- Cap and sunscreen
- Water walking shoes – boots or tennis shoes for paddocks
- Cleaning tools
- Small medicine cabinet with commonly used medications such as pain relievers, antihistamines.
Puedes revisar la política de cancelación aquí: http://anfibio.co/terminos-y-condiciones/
Para conservar los precios y hacer las reservas de los cupos se debe hacer un depósito del 50% a la cuenta de Ahorros Bancolombia #10022185343 a nombre de Ana Maria Builes Cédula 32244211 En el momento de hacer la reserva enviar al correo electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org con nombres, # identificación y comprobante de pago.
Cualquier duda o inquietud que tengas frente a tu itinerario o la información contenida aquí no dudes en comunicarte con nosotros, por el chat de la página web, en nuestro correo electrónico o en nuestras líneas de atención : (57) 3113903491 – (57) 3113909764